Sunday, October 22, 2006

Warning!!!

I got to the church first this morning. Went in the side door, started unlocking the building, turning on lights and the organ. I walked down to the back of the church to open the main doors, and as I pushed them open, I found a note taped to the outside. We have been refinishing the doors, so I thought it was just a wet paint sign or something like that... but apparently not! Instead I found a flouresant green LAMINATED notice duct taped to the door. This is not exactly what it said - only a paraphrase, but you'll get the point... Religion can make you crazy... You can't make this stuff up!!!

WARNING
to church leaders
Since you are incapable
of leading the people of this world
to the Kingdom of God,
I will have to do it.
I am taking control of the church
Remember the 7 seals?
I am the woman of Rev 5
Jesus Christ will either be your saviour
or your destroyer
Then she listed her web-site, her full personal name (and bizarre title of apocalyptic woman or some such nonsense) and her phone number. We called the number - there is voicemail - regular voicemail like it was a home... so strange!
Perhaps she fancied herself a modern day Martin Luther...

1 comment:

Aurora said...

wierd....we had a lady on the corner in Vancouver who would put stickers everywhere saying "REPENT SINNER"....not very encouraging or uplifting, that's for sure.