Monday, October 09, 2006

Giving Thanks


I’m finding myself at loose ends today. Lots of things I could do, but I’ve been thinking about the things that I’m thankful for – partly because of the weekend this is, and partly because I simply recognize that I am alive.

I wake up every morning with the words ‘this is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it’ on my lips in extraordinary thanks that I am able to get out and live today. That I’m going to make mistakes, that I’m going to learn from them and that I’m going to do whatever I can to make someone else’s day.
I’m thankful for my family and their love.
My close friends and their acceptance of my quirks
My acquaintances and the way they challenge me to growth.
For the privilege to learn and study.
And for the joy of trying new things, fearing failing, but trying anyway.
For a loving community in which to wrestle and struggle about issues of faith and love.

This is just a mini list – if I truly wrote down everything and everyone that I’m thankful for, I would never get out and BE, ‘cause I’d spend the rest of my time writing!

So - on that note - I'm going for a walk to enjoy a bit of creation - you should too!

No comments: