Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'm replacing my whine with wine

After 3 weeks of terror – finally success! I preached today – completely free from notes – and success! I got it all out – I didn’t forget my train of thought, nothing! Last week was miserable – I forgot all about St. Francis – at least the parts I was going to tell! But today I preached on the Lord’s Prayer. “Our Father… Abba… daddy…” We met for our bible study afterwards and I heard being discussed over coffee before we started… “well, it’s like Kristen was saying…” I guess they truly were listening – WOW!

There was even a new addition to our little group in the form of a young (mid-twenties) woman. She and I had a good chat, and she’s going to join us for liturgy tonight and the wine and cheese party later – mmm… cheese. Speaking of which - I should go help set up the hall!

No comments: