Wednesday, September 06, 2006

sleep - the newest four letter word

First day back to school - it's good to be back! I officiated at morning prayer, read at this evenings Eucharist, and spent several hours at the pub chatting. I just got home and thought "I'm good and tired now... maybe I'll sleep tonight - I'll just check my email before I go to bed."

If you ever have that inclination... don't do it. If you're really tired - just go to bed. Trust me! The alternative can only bring something that will keep you up. Now, I don't know how well I'll sleep tonight... again.

So remember back in July when I said I had to go to a weekend long retreat and be subjected to various forms of torture (actually just interviews... but rather important ones!) This is the place where the church takes the next kick at the can in deciding if I am "good news" for the church. Well - that was supposed to be in May 2007 - lots of time - far away - nothing to worry about at the moment. I got a note a couple of weeks ago saying that they may have a spot for me in October. Well - I got the note today and apparently I am off to ACPO for sure in October (not May - they bumped me up...) Good or Bad - not sure - I'm not going to ask - I don't really even want to speculate. I want to say this will be fun, but the butterflies in my stomach are starting to feel more like birds. Really big birds. Chickens to be precise...

No comments: