Thursday, September 28, 2006

Death: study of & reality of

I'm surrounded by people who are sick, or dying or grieving the loss of something or someone. As my friend said "Welcome to parish ministry!" I'm on an emotional rollercoaster... not at the point that I want to get off, but somewhere hanging upside down wondering if I'm going to scream or hurl. I think given my abject opposition to hurling - I'm going to find myself doing a lot of screaming. I came to school tonight to see if there were any friendly faces that I could vent with for a moment, I couldn't get a word in edgewise. I need to find a place to vent and I need to find another someone who just wants to go out for the night and chat - drink - eat - laugh... and NOT talk about all the stuff. Just take a moment and see if I could go back to my other life - my life before I started down this path - my life when it made sense and I (thought... misguided as it were) that I had control over what happened! I don't want to trade in or otherwise change any of the challenges I've faced, but I want to relax and breathe in some naïvety.

But reality is all to real. Cancer strikes again. Always too young. Always with too much to do, to see and to love.
I pray for the repose of the soul of Cindy Manson.
Rest eternal grant to her O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her. May her soul and the souls of all the departed forever rest in peace. Amen.

No comments: