Monday, June 05, 2006

God Talk on Fast Forward!

Holy crap. I just met with an incredibly intelligent, incredibly fast moving, priest at the parish where I am to be confirmed at the end of June, and I am exhausted! I spent almost an hour with him discussing everything from the politics of Josephus to prison ministry, from the Trinity/Wycliffe rivalry to biblical text criticism... and he was drinking decaf! I don't talk a mile a minute, so I'd say the talk track split was about 70/30 (me being the 30%) He said "I guess with what you're studying you don't need to attend any "confirmation prep" classes." He just said to show up half an hour early on the 25th to meet the Bishop... I think it may have been strange to attend confirmation prep classes considering I have co-taught them for 2 years (but I digress...). The whole conversation was... well... I guess I said it before - it was exhausting!

For all you Anglicans out there, this is an interesting split for the service - BAS for the confirmation, but then switching to BCP for the Eucharist (not just use the BCP Eucharistic prayer in the BAS, but switch books)... ah well - he is a member of the Prayer Book society... my mum will be happy - she likes the old language (my dad, however, may be tempted to fall asleep!).

On another note - I came home to a beautiful yellow rose on my dining table, and I have to say, I was kinda freaked out! I had no idea what was going on - someone had eaten a packaged applesauce and left the empty container, a spoon and a dirty glass on the table. I had a robber who left a flower took nothing and ate my food? Bizarre!
Then it hit me - my sister must have stopped by on her way through to Montreal today's... in fact I just got a call to confirm just that - but I have to admit - that was weird!

No comments: