Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ode to a vent......

Venting is good for the soul – I swear – it must have been one of the Chruch Fathers that first said that – venting derived from the Latin meaning “a state of ill content” as opposed to the metal ductwork that laces its way through my walls. So… here goes – I little lift for my soul…

I’m sick and tired of the woman who sits next to me in my little cubicle farm. Perhaps you would like me to distinguish which woman – would it be the one with the radio that plays on CHUM all day (and has the most efficient way of killing a good song). Or would it be the one who is just downright miserable, the one whom I sat next to for almost a year, said hello to every morning and have received nary a grunt in return. Which is it do you say? Well if truth be told, it’s both! The whole idea of not an open concept office leaves way too much… shall I say…. Openness?

I’m having a hard time concentrating at work. There are so many other things that I need to be doing, and launching more photocopiers, so we can kill more trees with all the paper used is not my idea of a good time! Although I do applaud the fact that we are moving towards RoHs compliancy before it is required in Canada!

I think I need a vacation! Actually I think I need my leave of absence… January can’t come soon enough!

No comments: