Friday, January 13, 2006

Begin

The past two days have prompted several really interesting conversations. I took Wednesday off work to be a student for the day - and it was wonderful! I found a few quiet moments before the noon Eucharist in the chapel for quiet contemplation. Then was surrounded by the familiar words of the Liturgy in that magnificent space. Incense burning taking our prayers up with it. Listening in community, joining our words together in prayer and praise has a way of granting perspective. I have missed this place, and who I am being shaped into within this thin space. I went to a liturgy planning team meeting, bit the bullet and stood up through my fear said yes to officiating at evening prayer. I have never before led a service at school for it is an awe filled task - one that I have not been ready to do. I don't know if I am now, but I'm jumping in and saying "Yes!" I spoke with a classmate after PPOL about all of my lingering doubts and fears. About all of her fears and doubts. We both came to the conclusion that we are glad we answered that tug of our heartstrings - we are glad we are in seminary and we are glad we are not alone in our doubts and fears - for God is there - even until the end of the age!

Going through all these conversations makes me think that I feel ready to begin the process.

Wow. I just realized this... I feel ready to begin!!!

I FEEL READY TO BEGIN!!!!!
It is not just random essays that I HAVE to write - now I WANT to write them. I want to explore my own reasoning and the motivations - explore my desire to serve.

Thanks be to God!

No comments: