Friday, December 08, 2006

Acclamation, Genesis, Advent and Lego

So - it's official (well actually it was official on Tuesday, but I've been existing on caffine and not having a spare moment to write about it!) Jonathan and I will be the incoming co-heads of Divinity for 2007-2008. There was technically no election - no one else ran, so we were acclaimed! Trinity has been a truly amazing experience for me. I felt instantly welcomed, at chapel, in class, and wherever I went. I have the co-heads, who served when I first started to thank. I usually enjoy being lost in the crowd. I'm not a centre of attention kind of person - I often don't seem to have much to say... but don't think I don't have opinions about things - I just choose to pick my battles! But they welcomed me - a scared wallflower - and if I can do that for someone else - how amazing would that be! I am truly looking forward to it!

Went to my first Lit debate last night, was sworn in and listened and laughed as my fellow Divs debated a very topical issue of today's society.

Be it resolved that Genesis is a better band than book.

When all was said and done the impassioned speeches from our current co-head and our chaplain won... the motion stood - Genesis is a better band than it is a book... at least according to the Lit!

Tonight is our Advent party, lessons and carols Div style. Everyone is welcome, so we will probably have some of the undergrads (mostly because they have a party later called "bubbly" where they consume copious amounts of champagne) we have a potluck that is byob, so I'm off to the liquor store for a suppliment to my scotch...

Here is an interactive web site... The Brick Testament - the bible told in comic book freeze frame lego images... truly bizarre - someone has WAY too much time on their hands!

No comments: