Saturday, April 08, 2006

End Cancer

I'm going to do it. I've signed up. I've got the shoes. I've started my campaign, and after Holy Week, will start my training!
I've committed to raise $2000.00 for research into breast cancer. And in the words of one of my sponsors - men get breast cancer too, so this is not just to benefit 50% of the population, but everyone.
I've seen the walk go past my condo on my way to church on Sunday morning for the past couple of years. And in my own life, i've seen too many people suffer from this, to not be a part of this walk. Something stikes me every time I see so many people come together, they represent loss and hope walking side by side.

If you're interested, you can sponsor me here:
http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR?px=1359629&pg=personal&fr_id=1120

No comments: