Monday, February 12, 2007

Visio Divina

I came across this term - Visio Divina and my heart lept! I have friends who find God in music - yes, I love music, but I can't make music - I lack the training and the time to practice - but I have friends who use thier music as prayer, and their time playing as worship. I have friends who go out into the woods to walk and pray and simply 'be' in creation. I love doing that too, but have little opportunity here in Toronto to go for a nice long walk where you don't see cars and stores!

I have always felt that my art is a form of prayer; painting, calligraphy, cross-stitch. When I go to a gallery I see others works and the light and life that comes through in them. One of my favourite places to go and visit is the McMichael Gallery
It is such a place of peace and prayerful contimplation for me. To see the inspired beauty that comes from deep within someone and displayed for all to see, is like a concert for the eyes.
I think I'm going to go and buy me some paints, and use that easel that my best friend gave me for Christmas. Maybe that will bring my hardening prayer life back from the desert... water that dry soil and stop the truly deep and irreversable cracks from forming...

1 comment:

Aurora said...

Beautiful thought!~ I can't wait to see what comes out of your heart and onto the canvas!