Thursday, February 15, 2007

Pilgrimage


This will be the view in my not so distant future... Yes folks, you read it right. I'm going back to Iona. I leave July 22nd and return on August 6th. This is my anticipated reward for a grueling summer of CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) at Toronto Western Hospital, and after the conclusion of my full time parish internship. All this is in preparation for next year. I still don't quite know what I've gotten myself (and Jonathan!) into... co-head of Divinity... I'm looking forward to the challenge - but I'm also looking forward to this much needed break! I'm going to be staying with my friend who is a resident on the island in a little house called Dunsmeorach (I know I've spelled that wrong...!). She came last year to stay with me here in Toronto, and may come back next year when she's finished her 3 year stint on the island.
We are going to end the trip with a tour of Glasgow - see the sights generally have some fun!
I am so unbelievably excited. I'm going back. I'm going home. The little island that (as a friend wrote) calls me by whistle and by prayer.
In Iona of my heart,
Iona of my love,
instead of monks' voices
shall be lowing of cattle;
but ere the world
come to an end,
Iona shall be as it was.

No comments: